Monday 22 December 2008

Finally back running again

Not a great deal to report, from the last three weeks. I have only just got over the knee strain and last week was my first full week running for some time. Managed a total of xx miles, some of it with a 7kg pack on, which felt ok and I have calculated a final pack weight of 12kg, so will need to up the weight on a weekly basis now. My next race is the Stansted Stagger, a 26 mile LDWA organised event, this coming Sunday (28th), and once I get back to full time work after the Christmas break I will be able to book up a final race before the MDS.

I have already ear-marked the Grantham Canal 2 day ultra at the end of February, which is a 30 mile run one –way on the Saturday and then the return run the next day (http://www.rorycoleman.co.uk/Grantham%20Canal%20Run.asp?nid=23&pid=20) for more details. I should also be able to get my ECG and medical signed off at the same time too.

I have had my jabs for the race now so shouldn’t (yeh right!!) pick up any nasty tropical diseases, so all I need to do is keep training and in 13 weeks enjoy the hot sunshine.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all

No comments: